The Minnedosa Chamber of Commerce is an active, membership driven organization. It is comprised of businesses and individual non-business members. These members focus their energies towards creating a stable and prosperous economic base for the community.
The Chamber of Commerce is the voice of the business community and acts to enhance trade and commerce in the Minnedosa area.
The Chamber of Commerce is a not for profit, membership driven organization comprised of member businesses and individuals. The executive consists of a Past President, President, 2 Vice Presidents, Secretary and Treasurer. The Chamber has over 145 members that represent every aspect of the local business community.
There are three standing sub-committees within the Chamber of Commerce.
- Retail Committee – chaired by a retail member.
- Membership Committee – chaired by a member of the Chamber.
- Business Improvement Committee – chaired by member of the Chamber.
Key Service Areas
- Voice of the Business Community – the voice of many is stronger than the voice of one – present the views of the business community on political and business related issues.
- Education – to keep our members abreast of new trends, governance or changes to law that may affect our business operations as well as any business developments within our community.
- Provide all members with an opportunity for information sharing.
- Marketing – of the Minnedosa businesses to new potential businesses, resident and visitors.
- Networking – provide Chamber members an opportunity to talk about their business – trade ideas.
- Community Involvement – support and promote business through community events.
- Increase Membership – click for a 2018 membership application form and 2018 membership letter
- Increase attendance & participation in chamber meetings
- Maintain positive and active communication with town council
- Lobby council on issues affecting business
- Maintain relations with Tanner’s Crossing School & M.C.I. students/staff; discover ways to partner with projects involving community, education and student advancement.
- Promote our town businesses within our community and surrounding communities
- Enhance the profile and public confidence in the Chamber and its member businesses.
- Maintain active involvement in the Manitoba Chambers of Commerce.
Communication to Members
- Meetings of the general membership are held the second and fourth Tuesday of each month at noon.
- Meeting agenda and minutes are e-mailed to the general membership along with ongoing correspondence and important notices.
Where to Find Chamber Members
- Chamber of Commerce Directory
- Minnedosa Chamber of Commerce Business Directory – circulated to the community at large.
- Annual publication of the Beachcomber – Tourism & local distribution by way of print, online and billboards.
- Minnedosa Town maps – tourism & local distribution
- MB Chamber Membership Directory
Specific Community Groups Where Chamber Is a Represented Member
- CDC (Community Development Corporation) – Appointed member of the Minnedosa Chamber of Commerce is one of a 9-member Board of Directors
Community Initiatives Supported by the Chamber of Commerce
- Minnedosa Fun Fest & Heritage Days
- Communities in Bloom
- Rockin’ the Fields of Minnedosa
- Promotion of Minnedosa Money (Minnedosa Credit Union)
- Sponsor of the Manitoba Youth Job Centre
Community Events Sponsored by Chamber of Commerce
- Santa Day @ MCCC
- Ag Appreciation BBQ
- Fun Fest Downtown Street Market & Music in the Park; along with the Parade
Annual Events & Promotions Schedule
- AGM – February
- Chamber Coupon Sheet – distribution at community events
- Attend MB Chamber AGM – April
- Town Wide Garage Sale – May
- Retail Showcases – Annual
- Fun Fest Activities- July
- Shop Local Campaigns – December
- Santa Day – December
- Giant Christmas Stocking promotion
- Ag Barbecue – June
- Chamber Christmas Luncheon – Money Tree to the Food Bank
- Chamber networking meetings twice a month
- New Resident Welcome Baskets
- Maintenance of Chamber web page
- Business of the Month – each month a Chamber member is recognized and profiled in our local paper
- Schedule Guest Speakers for Chamber meetings
- Maintenance of Chamber member directory
- Town maps
For more information on becoming a member of the Minnedosa Chamber of Commerce contact email@example.com or one of the following:
President: Beth Melendy 204-867-5290
Past President: Brad Ross 204-867-6366
Vice President: vacant
Secretary: Steve Robson
Treasurer: Callie Mendrikis 204-867-5550