Immigration Settlement Services
Neepawa and Area Immigrant Settlement Services, Inc (NAISS, Inc.) is a non-profit agency funded by the Department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada, that provides English language training and settlement services to PERMANENT RESIDENTS and REFUGEES who live within our service area. Our service area comprises 9 rural communities (including Neepawa, Minnedosa, Gladstone, Erickson) and 8 rural municipalities. Our goal is to help newcomer individuals and families integrate into life in their new country. Our services are free for all permanent residents and refugees.
Settlement Services may include:
- Information and orientation about life in Canada and living in Manitoba Click here for a booklet on Canadian Customs and Laws. We offer a series of workshops on living in Canada aimed at helping newcomers to learn about community life in Canada
- Guidance and education in filling out various forms.
- Assistance in aiding newcomers in identifying their immediate and long term needs; developing a plan of how to address those needs
- Referral services directing newcomers to existing generic service agencies
- An advocacy role to ensure newcomers are aware of the services available to them in the community. We are available to assist newcomers with questions regarding government services and our education system
- To facilitate community connections for newcomers to enhance integration opportunities
- Employment related services including employment counselling; workshops on working in Canada; assistance with resume and cover letter writing; workshops on job interview skills; Canadian workplaces, etc.
- We offer a LINC certified English language training program from Literacy to CLB 6.
- For individuals attending any of our programs, free child minding is available, and transportation may be available as well.
If you are interested in any of the services or programs we offer, please get in touch with our office by phone, email or in person. If you want to find out more about what we offer, please check out our Facebook page.