In 2007, the Town of Minnedosa enacted the Animal Control By-Law. For the updated (August, 2018) by-law, click here: By-Law 2562 Animal Control
The bylaw covers the following major topics (as well as additional topics) and all residents and animal owners should familiarize themselves with the by-law in its entirety.
- Establishment of a pound and the appointment of an Animal
- Control Officer and Pound Keeper
- Licensing of Dogs and Cats
- Rabies Vaccinations
- Responsibilities of Dog and Cat Owners
- Restrictions on Domestic Pets
- Limitations as to the Number of Animals
- Teasing and Enticing of Animals
- Neglect and Ill-Treatment
- Dangerous Animals
- Offences Under the By-Law
- Interference with Enforcement
To contact the Town of Minnedosa, click here.